COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for Kids 12 and Up!
Wednesday, May 19 th
Wednesday, June 9 th
- Over 2400 teens 12–17 years of age participated in the Pfizer vaccine study
- None of the teens who received vaccine got symptomatic coronavirus infection, while 19 in the control group who did not receive vaccine got sick from the virus
- No serious adverse events were observed
Can't make it? For alternate times, get your child's vaccinations scheduled: getvaccinated.oregon.gov, or contact your child's school about Convention Center field trips. My staff and I are vaccinated and committed to helping your family stay safe and healthy.
Contact our office
- Please limit number of people coming to your child’s appointment to patient and parent/caregiver only.
- We will screen each parent/caregiver and patient for sick symptoms upon arrival.
For Well Child Exams/Physicals:
To avoid any inconvenience, we ask that if you or your child have ANY sick symptoms 48-hours prior to your child’s Well Child Exam, please call our office at 503-554-0036 . We will reschedule the Well Child Exam and offer an alternative visit to address the illness.
Beginning the week of November 30th, we will change the schedule as follows:
- Well Child Exams will take place ONLY in the mornings.
- Patients who have Well Child Exams scheduled in the afternoon on or after November 30th will be contacted and asked to reschedule their appointments.
Dr. Ken Whittaker Pediatrics Welcomes New Patients
Dr. Whittaker and his staff enjoy being a part of your child’s life, watching them grow and reach major milestones in their lives, from infancy, through adolescence and into young adults. It is a pleasure to practice in a small community where our patients are not just seen when they come into the office, but also at community events, including school, sports, camps, recitals, concerts and community festivals. We take pride in being a small part of caring for your child.
Recognized Patient-Centered Primary Care Home
We are recognized by the Oregon Health Authority as a “Patient-Centered Primary Care Home”. The Oregon Health Authority recognizes clinics that have met their standards of care. Their goal is to improve the health and care of all Oregonians. Recognized clinics are required to reapply for recognition every two years.
During the Covid-19 outbreak Dr. Whittaker is offering TeleHealth Virtual Visits
Dr. Whittaker can help your family over your smartphone or computer, by doing a virtual visit for sick visits and behavioral health/mental health visits. In order to limit exposure, if your child is having symptoms please call our office at 503-554-0036 to schedule a virtual visit with Dr. Whittaker.
If requesting a virtual visit it would be helpful to have:
- Thermometer to check your child’s temperature
- Accurate weight of your child
- Bright flashlight to help us look in your child’s mouth and throat.
We are currently scheduling in-office Well Child Exams for children and are scheduling those during set time blocks different from Sick Child Exams to limit exposure. If your child is in need of their Well Child Exam please call our office at 503-554-0036 to schedule.
Welcome New Patients!
Dr. Whittaker’s Newberg pediatric clinic welcomes you and your family!
Learn More About
Dr. Ken Whittaker Pediatrics looks forward to serving your family with the following services: