of Kenneth A. Whittaker MD, PC
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your child’s appointment. There is often paperwork that needs to be updated and/or questionnaires for you or your child to fill out prior to their appointment.
- We strive to provide same-day appointments for acute illness or injury, and we make every effort to see patients on the day you call. These appointments are on a first-call first-serve basis, so please call early in the day if possible.
- Our goal is to minimize any wait time; however, emergencies do occur and will take priority over a scheduled visit. We appreciate your understanding.
- In order to provide the best possible care to your child, we recommend your child follows the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended schedule for Well Child visits, starting at birth, through adolescence to young adulthood.
Missed Appointments/Late Cancellations
- We value the time we have set aside to see and treat your child. If you are not able to keep an appointment, we would appreciate 24-hour notice.
- If you are late for your appointment (more than 10 minutes), we will do our best to accommodate you. However, on certain days it may be necessary to reschedule your appointment.
- Same day cancellations for Well Child visits are considered a late cancellation. If your child or family has three late cancellations, your child(ren) will be provided emergency care only for 30 days and then dismissed from the practice.
- If you do not show up for a scheduled appointment and do not call to cancel, this is considered a no show. If you have three no show visits for your child or family, your child(ren) will be provided emergency care only for 30 days and then dismissed from the practice.
Complete List of Clinic Forms
- New Patient Forms Packet
- Financial Policies
- Office Policies
- Pending Insurance Application Agreement
- Self-Pay Agreement
- Established Patient Forms
- ASQ Forms
- Third Party Forms
Please call the clinic at 503-554-0036 with any questions regarding these forms.
- Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am -5:00 pm. We are closed for lunch from 12pm-1:15pm.
- Our phones are answered by office staff starting at 8:30am. If you leave a message, your call will be returned on the same day during regular office hours.
- Our registered nurses are available during office hours to answer questions. Messages left during the work day will be returned the same day.
- If you need to reach an advice nurse or doctor after hours, call our office at 503-554-0036. Options will be available to page the physician on call.
For medication refills, we require 48 hours notice during regular business hours. Please plan accordingly.
- Your child may be referred to a specialist if the doctor believes it is necessary.
- Non-urgent referrals will be processed in 2-4 business days. Urgent referrals will be processed as quickly as possible.
Transfer of Records
- If you wish to transfer medical care for your child to another physician, we will provide your child’s records with a signed release of information request form.
- Please allow 7-14 days for your records request to be processed.