Kenneth A. Whittaker, M.D.
Dr. Ken Whittaker is a board certified pediatrician and a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics. He was raised in Wilsonville, Oregon, received his BAS at Stanford University and his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York. He returned to Oregon and completed his internship and residency at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU). Every year, Dr. Whittaker pursues further training and education by attending pediatric CME courses.
Dr. Ken Whittaker is an active family man with a wife and four beautiful children. Together, they enjoy a variety of sports and activities and travel whenever and wherever they can. Dr. Whittaker loves the outdoors: in the summer, you’ll find him hiking, water skiing or working in the yard and in the winter, check for him on the ski slopes.
Dr. Whittaker’s other passion is volunteer work, especially when it combines his love for the outdoors with his care for children. He has volunteered regularly for the American Lung Association at their summer camp for children with asthma. He has also served for many years as the camp doctor for various local schools’ Outdoor School programs. And when local scout troops call, Dr. Whittaker, an Eagle Scout himself, steps up to help however he can.
- Solo practitioner, Dr. Ken Whittaker Pediatrics, in Newberg, Oregon for over 20 years, 1996-present
- President of Medical Staff, Providence Newberg Medical Center, 2008-2010
- Pediatrics Residency, Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU), Portland, Oregon, 1993-1996
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, 1989-1993
- Stanford University, Stanford, California, 1984-1988
- Member, Children’s Healthcare Alliance, 1998-present
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics, 1996-present