Dr. Whittaker offers many in-house labs for common tests like strep and flu. These in-house capabilities enable us to obtain quicker results so we can provide faster treatment for your child. For lab tests unavailable in our office, we are often able to collect and send samples to outside labs for analysis, saving you the trip!
Here’s Dr. Whittaker’s list of in-house labs:
- Hemoccult: screens for the presence of blood in stool
- Influenza A & B: screens for influenza virus infection
- Mono: screens for antibodies that indicate mononucleosis (mono)
- RSV: screens for virus that causes respiratory tract infections
- Strep screening: checks for streptococcus infections
- Tuberculosis screening: skin test that checks if a person has been infected with TB bacteria
- Urinalysis: urine test that screens for a range of diseases and illnesses
Phones are answered and office is open 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday.
After Hours: For urgent medical needs after-hours, please call the office at 503-554-0036 and follow the prompts to be connected to our Physicians Answering Service. Voicemail messages left after-hours at that number will be returned early the next business day.